THE STAMPEDE ROAD RACE: 10KM

A couple of months ago when I was in quite possibly the best physical shape of my life, I suggested to Gabi that we run a race while she was back in Calgary this summer. She agreed, and we were both pumped to train. Well, of course life got in the way. I went on two trips and she was busy with school/work etc., so we both did quite little training. We ended up deciding to do The Stampede Road Race (Stampede being the Calgary Stampede - hooray 10 days of drunken cowboys and skanks running around the city, not). Today was the big day! We got up bright and early to be at the track by 7:30 (my mum started her half marathon at that time), and Gabi and I started our 10k at 8. I had a lot of fun with it! I'm excited to do a lot of running once I move to Victoria and hopefully even run some races there (with more training)!

Photobucket
This photo doesn't really have anything to do with OUR race (although my dad took this photo and I am apparently somewhere amongst the runners), but I sure do like it anyway.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I keep getting asked what I listen to when I’m at the gym or on a run. Last night I made up a wicked playlist for my race. It’s four hours long, so I only got to listen to the first portion of it, but here’s an idea. A lot of it is definitely not the most upbeat music and it’s definitely not Top 40, but it gets me going.
Workout Playlist

Codes and Keys - Death Cab for Cutie
Changing - The Airborne Toxic Event
First of the Year (Equinox) - Skrillex
Meyrin Fields - Broken Bells
Dystopia - YACHT
Go Home, Get Down - Death From Above 1979
Black Night - Dodos
Underneath the Sycamore - Death Cab for Cutie
The First Single - The Format (album version)
Crushin’ - Police Academy 6
Cinema - Skrillex (Benny Benassi Feat. Gary Go)
Rocketeer - Far East Movement
Your Love - Youngteam
Will Do - TV on the Radio
Young Blood - The Naked and Famous
Sister Wife - Alex Winston
Grounds For Divorce - Elbow
Miss You - Foster the People
If We Don’t Make It We’ll Fake It - Death From Above 1979
Rock N’ Roll - Skrillex
Pickin’ Up the Pieces - Fitz & The Tantrums
Lotus Flower - Radiohead
Le Deux - Hollywood Undead
Second Chance - Peter, Bjorn and John
The Pedestrian Boogie - The Bloodsugars
Audience - Cold War Kids
The King And All Of His Men - Wolf Gang
Fader - The Temper Trap
My Body - Young the Giant
Staircase - Radiohead

I would be lying if I said that I listened to all of this on my run
today. In fact, the entire hour consisted of solely Skrillex with the addition of two DCFC songs at the end. Hey, it’s good pump up music.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good time! lovely photos. and thank you for my comments as well. <3 i have a new camera! its a canon E0S digital rebel. Im in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's awesome. I really need to start running as well. And you have great music choices! Love Broken Bells and Naked and Famous.

    Xo Chelle
    discoveringelegance.com

    ReplyDelete

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger