THANKSGIVING IN CALGARY: THE CORN MAZE

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


While in Calgary, I got to truly celebrate the season. Fall in all it’s magnitude. Although Fall is my favorite season, I suppose the idea of “Fall” is somewhat romanticized. I’ve got this great image of the season turning and taking long walks in the brisk outdoors sipping Pumpkin Spice Lattes as the leaves change colors and cover the ground beneath you. Being surrounded by friends - or lovers, the whole season gives off a notion of warmth whether it’s in your clothing, food or simply the closeness of your loved ones. In this utopia, the hustle and bustle of summer comes to a halt - life as a whole comes to a halt. In reality this is definitely not the case. It seems that once Fall has arrived things actually get busier and there’s less time to really...enjoy the change. 


Ramble, ramble. None of this really makes sense. 


What I’m getting at is that although I love this beautiful season, I have never really had the chance to truly appreciate it. Right now I’m busy cramming for midterms. I’m spending most of my time indoors huddled around my heater (curse old houses and bad insolation) rereading lecture notes. The most time I’ve spent outside enjoying the change has been walking to classes or catching the bus. For this reason, my trip to Calgary was quite nice. I spent a lovely afternoon with one of my best friends at the Corn Maze just outside the city limits. It was the perfect day for this trip, excluding the muckiness of the area due to the torrential downpour the day prior. The Corn Maze is primarily meant for children, so we were a bit outnumbered in that sense, but it was so great nevertheless. Pumpkin Spice Americanos really kicked off the adventure, and were followed by two corn mazes, a petting zoo, potato shooters, a pumpkin patch and face painting. It was fantastic to experience a “real” Fall event with a great friend. 


Now that I’m back in Victoria, I’m making an attempt to bring a little bit of this back with me. I’ve done some homework on u-pick pumpkin patches and corn mazes in the area, and am planning a trip with my roommates once our exams are over next week. We have big plans of carving pumpkins (saving the seeds for baking of course), decorating the house, baking, etc. 


 The first task is getting through these pesky midterms... 


 How are you enjoying the season?

2 comments:

  1. love the post sweetie !
    xoxo from spain love
    www.mrolez.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you. In an ideal world I would be in a cozy sweater walking hand in hand with my boyfriend through the fall leaves drinking tea lattes.

    Too bad I'm in reality filled with work meetings, interning, and exams!

    I'm so glad you got to enjoy the pumpkin patch. On a sunny day I'll hopefully be going to my local one as well!


    Xo Chelle
    discoveringelegance.com

    ReplyDelete

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger