PUMPKIN PICKING

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I’m trying to squeeze in the last of my Halloween related posts... I’m sure after that things will start to get real quiet around here again. Regardless, last weekend I went to a Galey’s Farms with some friends to pick pumpkins. The whole thing was pretty legit as far as the actual patch goes - they had hay rides to take you out to the patch and pumpkins as far as the eye could see. This particular day it had been raining all morning, so things were quiet wet and mucky. The rest of the farm was a little bit of a tourist trap I found, but I suppose that’s what it’s meant to be. They had a miniature train ride around the farm, face painting (I sadly didn’t get anything done), a haunted house, etc. We got out pumpkins and were on our way. After visiting the farm, we went to Ross Bay Cemetery as per my roommates request. We were discussing “Halloween related things to do,” and somehow visiting a cemetery in the middle of the day seemed to be the operative choice. The actual cemetery was really pretty, as far as they go. I was entranced by all of the cool ass trees. The cemetery is located just off Dallas Rd., and right next to the ocean. I often forget that I live on an island and that the beach is so incredibly close.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

This weekend we got down to carving our pumpkins. Time with the family! I made dinner (I'll feature later this week), we watched Rocky Horror and Hocus Pocus and carved our pumpkins. I did mine of Dr. Frankenfurter from Rocky Horror. See a resemblance? It's the first pumpkin that I've ever carved, so I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

2 comments:

  1. omg they all look so great! I am such a bad pumpkin carver. ha oh well...I'll live through you vicariously! lol

    Just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say hi! :-)

    xoxo
    Aarean

    colorissue.blogspot.com (my new blog all about color!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! cute photos!
    Freesia

    ReplyDelete

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger