UGLY SWEATER HOLIDAY COCKTAIL PARTY

This post is late. Weeks late. I promised a video would be made before writing this up, but it's just not going to happen. I've let myself down a bit in terms of my aptitude with technology. Unfortunately, I can't figure out Final Cut for the LIFE of me, and I haven't had time to reaaaally immerse myself in it. For now (at least), the photos will have to suffice.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

What a gloomy way to start a post about something that was so much fun! My roommate and I spent the day doing a bit of Christmas decorating around the house. Everything that we used was either homemade or from the dollar store (we tried to find the least tacky decorations). I baked up some treats for our guests. This time around I decided to keep things classic and simple by making cupcakes: Gingerbread and Peppermint, plus a whole whack of gingerbread cookies and icing to decorate during the party.

As it was a cocktail party, we had each of our guests bring a different type of liquor to mix some drinks. On the menu were Peppermint Martinis, "Green Elf's" (the seasonal variation of a Grasshopper), Cran-Vanilla Martinis (cranberry instead of raspberry, as shown in the photo) and Black Velvet. They were all really yummy, although some more than others. I really enjoyed the Peppermint Martini, which was VERY strong, but super yummy when paired with a candy cane rimmer. I heard the Black Velvet was pretty darn smashing too.

We spent the evening listening to Christmas music, decorating gingerbread cookies, playing silly drama games and laughing away. In a way it felt a bit like a PG evening, but then of course I had to remember that it was actually a cocktail party. Not so PG. I'm so used to party's being big and extreme, so it was really nice to host and partake in something a bit more intimate.

All in all, the party was a huge success (I would say). It was so nice to meet my roommates classmates and friends. They all seem like amazing people! So much fun, for sure.

I wore a skater dress, polka dot tights and wedges from Urban Outfitters, sheer vintage blouse and holiday vest, and a bow headband from Le Chateau.

2 comments:

  1. Chocolates and gingerbread... Tasty. :)
    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger