SAM + JESS TAKE OVER VICTORIA (PT. 3)

Murchie's
Jess and Habit coffee
Pizza
Pizza and macarons
This is the first year in quite a while that I've made any notice of Valentine's day. The way it would usually play out is my mum leaving my brother and I those chocolate marshmallow hearts at our spots on the counter (that I sadly couldn't eat anyways because of the gelatin) along with a silly valentine's day card. I'd spend the rest of the day working and most likely call it an early night. THIS YEAR I got to spend it with Jess! Originally we had planned on going out for dinner, but later decided that it would probably be easier to go the night before and cook dinner at home.

We started off the day downtown picking up macarons at Murchie's for my roommate (and we got a couple for ourselves) and made another trip to Habit. We also picked up some frozen yogurt from Qoola. I totally lucked out. This place is right down the street from my house. It's a shame that I don't take advantage of it unless I have guests. Dinner was amazing. I'd been wanting to make this sweet potato and spinach pizza for aaaages, but had never had a justifiable reason to indulge in making pizza. This was the PERFECT opportunity. I was incredibly daunted by the whole wheat dough, but gave it a shot anyways. It didn't work out as the instructions said, but it was still delicious. Note: I made this pizza again for my roommates and the dough worked out great. I made a few little tweaks like letting the soaker dough sit for about five minutes before mixing it to allow the yeast to activate. I also pulled the soaker dough out of the fridge at the same time as the biga (roughly 3 hours before using making the final dough). The whole pizza was amazing actually. I made half sweet potato and pizza and the other half was pear, havarti and blue cheese with walnuts and spinach. 


We polished off a bottle of red wine (my fav) and nearly a bottle of rose while nomming on our pizza, fro-yo and watching He's Just Not That Into You and What A Girl Wants. It was a super chill, very girly, and VERY indulgent night. It was perfect! Best Valentine's Day in a long time for sure. 

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great valentine's! Also those desserts look so delicious! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your Valentine's Day was a success!! Those desserts looks divine!

    ReplyDelete

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger