FERRERO ROCHER BIRTHDAY CAKE

Jenna's Birthday cake
Jenna's Birthday cake
Jenna's Birthday cake
Jenna's Birthday cake
Jenna's Birthday cake
Jenna's Birthday cake
Jenna's birthday

We celebrated a birthday on the 4th. It was my roommates birthday. She turned 24. By "we celebrated," I mean I made a cute banner, a cake, and there was some tea involved. Jenna went out for brunch and dinner with a few of her friends. It was a pretty low-key day, but we think that's how birthdays should be.

March is a big birthday month this year. It isn't usually! August is the big birthday month for me and thinks tend to get a little hectic. This year March is filled (well, only 3, but still) with birthdays all within the span on two weeks. Both of my roommates birthdays are this month (with the next only a week away), so I'm on cake duty. I made this little gem with a Bailey's ganache and raspberry/hazelnut chocolate truffles instead. These girls love their white chocolate and raspberry. This cake looks a little homemade, as it should. Ugh, I've never been very good at frosting cakes. This is one of the better ones. The construction of these guy was a bit of a disaster if we're being completely honest here. Note the very thick white chocolate cake layer surrounded by two little dark chocolate cake layers and Bailey's ganache. Well, first I split one of the chocolate layers in half when I was trying to move it onto a plate. I didn't allow the white chocolate cake to cool enough before moving it from the pan, so it stuck. Somewhere in there is a thick layer of frosting glue. That shiz is amazing. All things considered I'd say it turned out pretty well. Disaster averted. I'll take the homemade appearance in the sheer delight that I didn't destroy it enough to end up having to make a trifle (or something). OH, and it's totally delicious. Perfectly indulgent along with some popcorn ice cream a la Cold Comfort.


I wish you could all be here to celebrate and eat some cake. Don't worry, I'll save a slice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger