LOS ANGELES: DAY 1

LAX
Redondo Beach
Redondo Beach
La Salsa
Our lunch - 'California burrito'
Hermosa Beach
Mum + Fi in LA
Manhattan Beach
Manhattan Beach
Air-advertisements
Manhattan Beach pier
Last week I was absolutely spoiled by my mum when we took a trip to LA for a few days with my aunt, uncle + their kids. I'd never been to LA, so it made the trip extra special. Before leaving, I made a list of places that I wanted to visit, and - no surprise - they were all food related. I'm the funniest traveler. I really just travel to eat at cool restaurants, spend an atrocious amount of time in Whole Foods + Trader Joes, and hunt down the best coffee in the area. This trip was no exception.

Our first day started off ridiculously early. We were up by 3 to meet the rest of the fam at the airport for our flight. In a lovely turn of events, we got to fly first class the whole way there. I could definitely get used to flying like that, but the likelihood of it ever happening again is slim to none. After a quick layover in Vancouver and an additional 3 hours to LA, we finally made it. We took a quick (ha) cab ride to our hotel in Redondo Beach, and then set out to find some grub. As per a suggestion from my uncle, we got Mexican at La Salsa. My mum and I shared the California Burrito with a side of three yummy salsas (avo, fire roasted tomato + mango). Later that day, my mum, aunt + I rented cruisers and rode by the beach. As it was Memorial Day, they was some festival going on at Hermosa Beach (or maybe it was Manhattan Beach...), so we didn't get very far on our bikes. It was craaaazy. There were so many people out and about! We were moving along so slowly on our bikes that skateboarders and joggers were passing us. It was pretty funny. At Manhattan Beach we got off our bikes and hung out at the pier for a little while watching the surfers. A little while later we headed back to Redondo Beach to return the bikes. My aunt hung out at the hotel, while my mum and I set out on a hunt for Trader Joe's. Okay, while I loooove spending time in the States, it's kind of a serious pain in the ass to get around, since I can't use my iPhone's map for directions. I knew that there was a TJ's somewhere south of the hotel and that it was roughly 2.2 miles, but that's all that I had to go on. Welllll, our walk ended up taking us waaay longer than it should have (see: we got a little lost), but we did eventually make it there. What was arguably even more thrilling than TJs was the Yogurtland payoff after our long walk. I loaded up on Coconut, Birthday Cake (it was meh) and Root Beer Float, topped with some fruit. By the time we got back to the hotel it was roughly 6PM and we were exhausted, so we noshed on our fav chips (Way Better Snacks Sweet Potato Chips) + dip (TJs tomato + basil hummus) that we sadly can't get here. After snack time we both called it a night and passed out the second we hit the sheets.

2 comments:

  1. looking at these photos makes me want to go back to california. where you went bike riding in santa monica is about 5 minutes away from my aunt's house! makes me miss her and spending time there.

    can't wait to see the next posts on your LA trip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually didn't make it anywhere near Santa Monica. :(

      Delete

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger