PORTLAND, OR

Tacoma
Oven & Shaker, Portland
Oven & Shaker, Portland
Oven & Shaker, PortlandAmtrak to Portland
Voodoo Doughnut, PortlandVoodoo Doughnut, Portland
Voodoo Doughnut, Portland
My time in Portland was very brief and slightly chaotic. It was my first time visiting, and while I would have liked more time to really experience it, I still know without a doubt that it is my kind of place. We took the Amtrak from Seattle to Portland - my first experience taking the train. We left Seattle early Friday morning, making sure to give ourselves plenty of time to get there. Of course, the train was an hour and a half late, and it finally did arrive, we ended up having to disembark and get on another train that had been sitting there the entire time. To say the very least, I was stressed and unimpressed. We stayed with friends of my mums in Camas (or er.. Prune Hill, which the richy-riches apparently make a point of saying), which is roughly a twenty minute drive out of Portland, across the bridge in Washington. We got off the Amtrak in Vancouver, WA, which is basically the end-of-the-world-small-town-nothing-there. Later that evening, we drove into Portland and had a very eventful, food-filled, late night. We dined at Oven & Shaker (berry pizza, what is up!), went to Powell's, the International Rose Test Garden, both Salt & Straw locations (both with lines down the block), and Voodoo Doughnut Too. Talk about gluttony.
International Rose Test Garden
NE Alberta StInternational Rose Test Garden
Heart Coffee Roasters, Portland
Salt & Straw, Portland
Vita Cafe, Portland
International Rose Test GardenInternational Rose Test Garden
Salt & Straw, Portland
International Rose Test Garden
International Rose Test Garden
Day two in Portland was more or less the definition of chaos. There wasn't a whole lot of time to stop and take in the sights and it was more jumping from one location to the next for six hours. We hit up a few coffee roasters, shops, had lunch at Canteen and dinner at Vita Cafe. The evening mellowed out a little bit when my mum and I found our way back to NE Alberta St and had some time to wander (and make a second stop at Salt & Straw).

Like I said, the trip was brief and I didn't really get the opportunity to experience Portland as I would have liked to. Basically, someone take me back! Immediately! Ideally, I'd like to actually stay in Portland next time and have more time to veg out instead of being so on the move. You know, long leisurely mornings at the coffee shop, venturing around the neighbourhoods, some day hikes, and summer nights on patios. < -- The ideal! Ever so hopefully, I'll get to go back sooner rather than later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger