WALLACE FALLS STATE PARK

Wallace Falls
Wallace Falls
Daily breakfast
I had a couple of hikes planned for our trip: One in Seattle, and the other in Portland. We didn't have time to go in Portland, but did manage one in Seattle. My mum is really into waterfalls, while I'm more into mountain views, but I decided to humor her with some falls. Luckily for me, we got a bit of both. We went to Wallace Falls, which is roughly an hour north of Seattle. We drove through a lot of teeny-tiny towns, which I feel like is just a "thing" in the US, no? Yes, we have smaller towns up here, but I feel like there are less of them.

Can we just talk about the plethora of yogurt options available in the US for a second? And like, every other food item? I don't eat very much dairy (just greek yogurt) while I'm at home, because I'm not particularly impressed by my options. Whenever I'm in the US though, my breakfast looks exactly like the above, every day. Siggi's is my go-to breakfast with some fruit, perhaps an Evolution Fresh juice, and, in Seattle + Portland, Stumptown stubbies! I had a couple bites of Noosa, which was DELICIOUS. So velvety smooth. I had my mother get it as her breakfast, as I couldn't commit to the sugar content other than a few bites, but still, so good. You guys are spoiled with your food choices.

Back to the hike.
Wallace FallsWallace Falls
Wallace FallsWallace Falls
img src="http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3831/9410481424_9288ba8330_z.jpg" width="650" height="490" alt="Wallace Falls State Park">
Wallace Falls
Wallace Falls
Wallace FallsWallace Falls
Wallace Falls
Wallace Falls
Wallace Falls State ParkWallace Falls State Park
Wallace Falls
Wallace Falls
Wallace FallsWallace Falls
Wallace Falls
I very much enjoy hiking, but I wouldn't say that I'm great at it. I'd like to think that my cardio is quite good as well, but holy hell does an incline up a mountain make me think otherwise! Naturally, I'm a bit of a klutz, so I have an easy enough time getting up the mountain. Getting down is a whole other story. My family have never been big hikers, but I'm really making an effort to get into it nowadays. Whenever anyone will haul me out to the mountains, I am game. Wallace Falls wasn't too strenuous of a hike. There are three major locations for waterfalls that you see along the way (nine falls total), as well as some teasers. The first mile or so of the hike is not too steep, but once you reach the falls, it's a bit of a climb - especially to the upper falls. Well worth the effort though. Beyond the falls, you can go off trail to reach Wallace Lake, which I would love to do someday. There are signs at the Upper Falls warning against it if you are not prepared and experienced, as it is the place that people get lost.

There are some stunning photos of the falls on the website that I directed to above. How folks managed to get up close to the falls for those photographs is unknown to me, as going off trail on the side of the mountain seemed a little bit dangerous. Hey, anything for the photo, I guess. The falls really were spectacular. Halfway through the middle and upper falls was a lookout to the mountains where we stopped for lunch, which was also a really great view. More mountains, more my thing.

It took us three hours roundtrip with quite a few stops for photos and lunch.

3 comments:

  1. That's some gorgeous hiking scenery! Makes me want to get out more and see the world. I've never been hiking either. Sad truth.
    Gah, whenever I see bloggers eating siggi's yogurt, I WANT SOME! Why are Canadians limited to President's Choice and some soy/almond yogurts... I'm so bored of those. Even Chobani is hard to find (and expensive).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must go hiking then! It's so exhilarating.

      Yeah, Americans are spoiled in the food department! I didn't know that you could find Chobani anywhere in Canada.

      Delete
    2. I saw it ONCE at a grocery store, only the plain flavor in a huge tub that I could never finish, and i think it was about $8... I had to pass. I have a feeling we might get some soon... crossing my fingers!

      Delete

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger