BLACK BEAN + SWEET POTATO HASH

Black Bean Sweet Potato Hash
Black Bean Sweet Potato Hash
My abilities in the kitchen are limited to my ability to follow a recipe to a tee. I am a much better baker than I am a cook, likely because of the free-flow that comes with putting a dish together. Baking has specific rules and regiments, and is so much more about the chemistry. When cooking, I often doubt my palette, which is more or less unrefined. It comes with practice, this cooking thing does.

This dish was a happy accident. I had scheduled another meal in its place and decided on a whim to abandon the meal. Crunched on time in the evening, I thew together a few simple ingredients that I had on hand. Ever so pleasantly, it turned out well. I've made it three times since (all in the same week).

As mentioned above, cooking has a definite free-flow. If you don't have edamame on hand, use whichever vegetables are available to you. I imagine corn or any vegetable with a bit of tooth would be great.
Black Bean Sweet Potato Hash
BLACK BEAN & SWEET POTATO HASH // Serves 2

1/2 sweet potato, cubed
1 TBSP olive oil
1 cup black beans
1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
1/2 cup shelled edamame, fresh or frozen
1/2 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 400F.

Cut sweet potato into bite-size pieces. On a sheet of tin-foil, toss the sweet potato with 1 tsp olive. Roast for 30 minutes. In a pan, heat remaining 2 tsp olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onions until translucent. Add cumin and cayenne, and coat. Add black beans, edamame, and sweet potato to the pan, and cook for five minutes, or until edamame is cooked through. Taste, and add salt and pepper dependent on preference.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger