SALTED CARAMEL APPLE MACARONS—WITH WANDERLUST

My favorite time to make macarons is when the weather starts to cool. My favorite time to bake anything is, really. When it's not so terribly warm that turning on the oven just contributes to the heat. Although I'm a fan of summer produce, the apples, pears, figs and squash that come out this time of year are wear my heart really lies. While they are good on their own, adding a bit of cinnamon here, some nutmeg there really does emphasize the flavors.

These are salted caramel macarons. They worked shockingly well, and I imagine they tasted delicious as they were snatched up in no time. The shell contains freeze-dried apples, and the filling a salted caramel with partially dried apple bits throughout. They are a great introduction to those fall flavors that I love so much.

The recipe can be found over at with wanderlust.

3 comments:

  1. Those look so pretty and sound delicious!

    ♥ Brittney @ True Vintage Love
    www.truevintagelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are gorgeous! I've been wanting to make macarons, but I can't get over the intimidation factor...

    ReplyDelete
  3. how amazing! your blog is incredibly beautiful
    xx

    ReplyDelete

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger