PUMPKIN SMOOTHIE

It was national pumpkin day a couple days ago, and while I missed posting the day of, Ive been trying out my fair share of pumpkin recipes as of late. Lunch is far from my favorite meal of the day. I'm never home for it and have failed to pack anything more than an energy bar with me to bring to school. Smoothies are the perfect go-to lunch, as I can quickly make and consume one before leaving for class.

Sharing a smoothie seems like a little bit of a cop-out, but I am all about easy-to-make food right now. Not only that, but there is a serious art to smoothie making. Add a little too much of one thing and it ends up throwing off the whole thing. This is not one of those. I was worried that the pumpkin would make for a smoothie lacking in sweetness, but the banana more than makes up for it. If you're into really sweet, feel free to add in a bit of maple syrup or whichever sweetener does it for you.

Pumpkin Smoothie

PUMPKIN PIE SMOOTHIE | Serves 1

1 banana
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Sunwarrior)
Knob ginger, chopped
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup almond milk
Ice

Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.

1 comments:

  1. Totally agree that smoothie making is an art! I have my go-to recipe and I love adding pumpkin for fall flavor. I need to pick up some vanilla protein powder!

    M.

    ReplyDelete

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger