WISH LIST


And you thought the Internet was saturated enough with holiday gift guides…

Admittedly, mine is a lot more boring than some of the others I've seen, and arguably more so than the one I posted last year. Amazingly enough, I've acquired six of the nine items items I posted, and ended up purchasing Bean Boots instead of SORELs (everyone owns SORELs). I tend to think of these lists/guides as more of "things I want but will never actually get," so last year is pretty impressive. I know, I know, not only is my list boring this year, but it's also totally chiming into the utter materialism that is the holidays. Yeah, whatever. I'd like to say that I won't ask for anything and the holidays will be all about spending time with friends and family this year, but in reality it's the opportune time for me to mooch off my parents. Yep, I said it. Unfortunately, my folks know that my brother and I take major advantage of them at this time of year (as evidenced by the Vario grinder and Vitamix I acquired last year…among other things), and have declared that this practice will not be occurring again this year. Ok, that's fine.

Really though, I do want this year to be more about spending time with friends and family. Christmas last year sucked so badly. We were dealing with my grandmothers illness, or, more like my brother and I were not dealing and my mother and the rest of her side of the family were damn messes. There was no Christmas dinner with the family. I cancelled my dinner with my friends for the first time in five years. The holidays were entirely about materialism and they were just not good. My plan is to take it easy this year. Work little, but not much. See my friends. See my family. Share meals, share laughs. Make memories. Yeah, there will be some gift giving, but it will mostly be about catching up.

To uh, get back to the list though… I've been trying to nail down a skincare regime for a couple of months now. My skin type has somehow managed to change on me (hormones, maybe?) and it's been a struggle to find the right products. When you do manage to find the right stuff though, man does it ever feel good. I look back at the copious amounts of makeup I used to wear everyday and I just can't imagine that these days. At some point since high school graduation (four years? Time flies!) I've conjured up the confidence to ditch the ten-pounds of eye makeup for every day wear, but a little shadow is the first thing that I'm bound to opt for when I get a little gussied up. Honestly, how laid back my style has become over the last few years shocks me. I really am a jeans and t-shirt girl, as suggested by this list. In addition to the goodies posted above, I'm yearning for some pullover sweaters, J Crew pyjamas and maybe a pair of leather riding boots.

Link back to your own wish lists in the comments! For some strange reason, I love to see what sort of shit people are after.

2 comments:

  1. Christmas is coming, the latest michael kors bag here, good price quality, introduced to everyone
    http://michaelkors.shoplal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every Canadian needs a pair or two of Roots cabin socks! That eye palette is also on my list! Hope you're having a great day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger