FITBIT FORCE: A REVIEW

Fitbit
I caved and bought a Fitbit instead of a Basis. There are a few reasons for this:
    The price. At $129, the Fitbit Force comes in $70 cheaper than the Basis, plus what would have been an additional $50 for the leather strap.
    The technology. A fitness tracker is basically a glorified pedometer with some other fancy features, including an estimate of calories burned and distance traveled. The tech offered by Basis is pretty darn cool, but seems slightly useless. According to most reviews that I read, the extra sensors for things like perspiration, stress management and heart rate are either underdeveloped (the former) or faulty (the latter). What I was really looking for in a tracker was the pedometer, distance traveled and pedometer. The Force offers all of that, plus the inclusion of an altimeter, silent alarm and a fancy feature that allows you to track your sleep.
    My Fitness Pal. The Force allows you to sync with your My Fitness Pal account, which is prime for crazies like me who track everything that they eat and their workouts. While I’m sure that Basis will eventual have third party features, I wasn’t prepared to wait.
I’ve only had my Fitbit Force for a week now, but I love it so far. The only downside is that it’s pretty ugly and goes with nothing in my wardrobe except for my Lulu gear (go figure). It’s bulky and reminds me a bit of one of those probation trackers. I’m getting used to it though. Although I am generally quite active, I’ve found myself taking more sets of stairs and trying to beat my step counts each day.

My favorite features are the step and calorie counters and the silent alarm (a pleasant change to my angry iPhone). The sleep tracker is cool too, and I’ve learned that once I’m asleep I’m pretty much dead to the world (no surprise there). Overall, taking into consideration the price (nominal), the Fitbit Force is a great buy if you're looking to increase your activity level.

1 comments:

  1. This is an awesome post. Really very informative and creative. This sharing concept is a good way to enhance the knowledge. Thank you very much for this post. I like this site very much. You can visit here. wearable technologies is exploding world wide. For information, reviews and fun facts about wearable technology, fitbit sleep tracker and best fitness band etc.

    ReplyDelete

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger