MAY FAVOURITES

May Favourites
My first installment of the monthly favorites. I’ve gotten super into all things beauty over the last few months and have managed to try out some pretty stellar products. I’m dubbing May the month that I reached Sephora VIB Rouge (in the matter of about three months—YIKES) somewhat shamefully. Nevertheless, it only seemed natural to spread the wealth in regards to some products that really do it all.

----------

Kate Somerville EradiKate. Blemishes be gone. This is a nighttime only product as it leaves pink dots all over your face where you’ve applied the sediment, but it works amazingly. By morning, whatever freaky stuff was happening on your face is dried out and the most that you’re left with is a little redness that can easily be concealed.

Aesop Chamomile Concentrate Anti-Blemish Masque. Besides its heavenly scent, this is definitely one of the easiest masks I’ve ever used. It dries in the same manner that you would expect a charcoal mask to, and removal is mess-free. Skin is left super soft, and I find that it really helps to decrease redness.

Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins. Also in my skincare post, I mentioned the KORRES Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial, and how I reluctantly would have to find a substitute to it since Sephora no longer stocks the brand. Well, when I ran out of Origins GinZing Moisturizer, I picked up their High-Potency Night-A-Mins as a night cream in the hopes of filling the void of both the KORRES mask and a cream. I’m pretty sold on the product. It definitely leaves my skin moisturized and feeling very refreshed come morning. The KORRES mask definitely provided a lot more in the way of immediate brightening, but I’d say Origins Night-A-Mins more than delivers with its duality.

Dr. Brandt pores no more Pore Refiner. I first received this as a sample and went back a few days later to purchase the full-size. I’ve noticed a lot of products coming out as of late promising that poreless, blurred sort of effect on the skin. I also tried out Lancome’s Vissionaire 1-Minute Blur, and I found the Dr. Brandt primer to be far superior. It makes skin look flawless and acts as a really good base for foundation.

ASP Kitoko Oil. This guy is not new for me, but will forever remain a favorite. It’s a “blend of Karite and Argan Oils, Vitamins A & E and a natural UV Filter.” I apply it twice—once out of the shower on damp hair and again as a finishing product, and it makes my hair silky smooth and smell so good.

Sephora Formula X ‘Unmistakable’. I’m really into Sephora’s Formula X nail polish line, and I dare say that this mint shade rivals Essie’s mint candy apple. Yup, I said it.

Deborah Lippman ‘Don’t Stop Believin.’ Other than Unmistakable, this is the color that I rocked all month. It caught my eye online and I waited weeks for it to finally come in stock in stores. It was well worth the wait. It’s the perfect orangey-red for summer.

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-1. I’m glad that I took recommendations on purchasing this concealer. It really is the perfect combo for both covering blemishes and any dark spots. I find that the lighter shade is really great at adding extra brightness on top of cheekbones without adding sheen.

Hourglass Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette. I purchased this guy after Anna of Vivianna Does Makeup continually raves about it. For good reason! The color match is great and it’s really easy to make brows look natural but enhanced.

Anthony Logistics For Men Advanced Formula Lip Balm in Mint & White Tea. I am definitely not a lip gloss girl and have always had an issue of finding a balm that doesn’t leave a weird white-cast on the lips. I figured that a product formulated for men would likely solve both of those issues, and this absolutely does.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger