FINISHING POWDER: HIGH END VS DRUGSTORE

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural

Gabi and I have just finished discussing our 2014 Beauty Favourites, and I somehow managed to forget MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, likely because I was out of it at the time. I moved out of my parents house a few weeks ago, and I had decided that it was maybe time to try out some drugstore makeup alternatives in an attempt to perhaps be able to spend some of my limited funds on food. It made good sense in theory, but in practice the results weren't great.

Kimmel Stay Matte

I don't really have a choice to not wear powder if I'm going to wear foundation. My face eats up foundation quicker than anything. On the recommendation of some of my favorite beauty bloggers, I chose to try Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder, but was seriously unimpressed. I used it for about a month with admittedly kind of shitty results. It's smells like talc, and leaves you with a heavy finish no matter how little you try to put on. I seem to be finding this with a lot of the drugstore alternatives that I've tried, leading me to believe that you really do get what you pay for. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, you've won this round.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, $32 USD
Rimmel Stay Matte, $8 USD

1 comments:

  1. I stopped using MACs MSF a few years ago because I thought it was too expensive, but when I used it, I was always getting amazing results. I've never tried Rimmels powder though, and I'll probably continue to avoid it if it's bad quality!

    ReplyDelete

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger