THE IDEAL LIVING SPACE

Modani Furniture
I've mentioned over and over that I moved last month—finally out of my parents house once again. The boyfriend and I now call home a little apartment in the heart of downtown Calgary. While the place is far from ready to be shown in the space, it's been an interesting collaboration between his and my decorating style, not without compromise. What the space is now is what I would call "rustic meets post-mod IKEA catalogue chic" with an emphasis on a lot of woodwork and a lot of booze related artwork. It's good. It works for us now, but admittedly has a long way to go. I've collaborated with Modani Furniture to showcase my ideal living room, and while Modani is a bit out of my student budget now, it's nice to dream. Their selection of modern sofas is a great starting place to design a room around.

We each came into the space with a few furniture items or art pieces of our own. The above features a classic Guinness ad that hangs proudly on our wall next to an old Heineken ad and a woodwork piece by a local artist. I think that my above description fits what we're trying to achieve, minus the reliance on good 'ol IKEA (why must quality, trendy furniture be so expensive!).

All pieces above (with the exception of the poster) can be found on Modani Furniture's website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger