#nanaicecream

Nicecream
Joining an online fitness community is admittedly a weird thing. Weird and wonderful. I've never been one to workout with a partner—I much prefer to do the suffering alone. Working out is a release for me, and I like to do it in peace and quiet (or jamming to my favourite tunes rather). The online community is there for support, and although they are spread across this earth of ours, they do a rather good job of motivating. It bodes well for me. I have people cheering me on (while I do the same for them, of course) and I can do the thing just how I like it. I've made more progress on the BBG in 5 weeks than I have in years of working out on my own, so there's that. It's good. It's real good.

I have a sweet tooth. I've been really good since starting this program and I think the only things I've really cheated with are half a chocolate chip cookie on Oscar night and a couple of macarons. I've traded the bad stuff for the good, opting for raw desserts with nut bases, dates, a banana with nut butter, or a bowl of this good stuff. #Nanaicecream, as they call it on Instagram. It has a strange cult following of some individuals who I swear eat the stuff for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Their creations are a lot more stunning than my own (take a look through the hashtag feed), but all in all, I think it's quite a humble dessert. I'm certainly not reinventing the wheel by sharing this one, but I find that it does the trick when a dessert-craving hits, or even as a snack. I've decided to finally increase my calorie intake to support working out 6 days a week, as well as pay closer attention to my macros, and this is a good option to fill in the gaps. A scoop of protein powder and a drizzle of nut butter accounts for your protein and fat content, and of course, the banana takes care of your carbs. Good and done.
Nicecream
Nanaicecream | Serves 1

1 banana, frozen (~150 grams)
1 scoop protein powder (I use MusclePharm)
10 grams (a splash, essentially) non-fat milk

Top with natural nut butter, coconut chips, etc.

Mix all ingredients in a high speed blender. If it's a little too runny, stick it into the freezer for a few minutes to firm it up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger