THE APRIL PLAYLIST

Terrace Gardens Pool
Spring is here. It's 20 degrees in Calgary today and feels absurdly more like summer than spring. We've been lucky. Very, very lucky. I have the windows wide open today and it's refreshing to let in some fresh (city) air. With spring comes spring cleaning, of course. There's no way around it. The last couple of months have been chaotic at school and I have admittedly let my storage situation at the apartment get a little nuts. I've been critiqued for making piles—a dreaded habit of my mothers that I seem to have adopted, much to everyone's dismay. While I'm still in the midst of exams (1 down, 5 to go), I would be lying if I said that I was constantly studying. My breaks have been filled with a little tidying up here and there and it is a relief to have things in order.

This playlist was compiled from tracks that I've 'starred' on my Galaxy over the past few months. Once compiled, I realized that it actually makes a really good playlist to do some cleaning to, and that's primarily when I've been listening to it. You've got some new, some old, and some uh, hip hop, which is strange for me. My boyfriend has somehow managed to get me into a small amount of hip hop—the unthinkable. I've frankly just never had a taste for it, but I will admit that it is the best kind of music to workout to. It's also what he'll often catch me blasting when he gets home from work while I deny, deny, deny and claim that it was "just on." Well, that was the case and one point, but now I kind of dig it.

You can stream the playlist here.

While I'm Alive / STRFKR
Don't You Love (feat. Banks) / Lil Silva
I Luv the Valley OH! / Xiu Xiu
Hey / The Pixies
3005 / Childish Gambino
Overdone / Bombay Bicycle Club
I Don't Want Love / The Antlers
King Kunta / Kendrick Lamar
Ruphmiup / Bowmont
WHALE / Yellow Ostrich
All Your Fault / Big Sean, Kanye West
Pups to Dust / Modest Mouse
The Love You're Given / Jack Garratt
Nara / alt-J
Nothing Without Love / Nate Ruess
Whitewash / Halcyon Drive

0 comments:

Post a Comment

« »

aussi belle All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger